lundi 4 octobre 2010

CUNNINGHAM EN DANGER

This is from my friend who is in New York right now and want people to sign a petition to save the Cunningham studio!

Dear friends,

So, as most of you know, I'm not your conventional dancer. No, no not my body type but i'm not one of these heads that chat about it non-stop even though it is my LIFE. I came to New York to train at the Merce Cunningham Studio and as many of you know, he died last year. Merce Cunningham was a pioneer, creating a technique which centres around the use of the torso blaHHHHH bla bla etc.

www.merce.org

Anyways, they are intending to shut the studio due to financial constraint. Obviously, it will be a significant loss for modern dance. Its all about the lame-arse suits that know nothing about dance who invest and seeing as the famous one is now dead, they just want to cut their losses.

The students have put together an online petition which will be handed to the 'suits' sometime in the near future.

If your my mate your'll sign it or i'll tell my mum on you.

Here's the link http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-the-merce-cunningham-studio.html

Thanks & cheers,
Nansi

Aucun commentaire: